Thursday, August 2, 2012

Spaghetti Squash with Peas & Chicken


OK, so I've kinda been on an adventurous roll in the kitchen this week. I had never eaten spaghetti squash before let alone cook it. So I went out and picked one out of the garden and decided to try it! And I'm glad I tried it! It was really quick and easy. It took me about 40 minutes to make this. I used things that I had on hand, including the spaghetti squash from our garden. I got the idea to make this from here, I recommend watching the video if you have never cooked spaghetti squash before, it really helped me a lot!

Ingredients:

  • 1 medium spaghetti squash
  • 1 cup peas (I only had frozen peas on hand, but you can use any vegetable you have)
  • 1 boneless chicken breast (thawed and cooked)
Cut the squash in half length wise and using a spoon, scoop out all the seeds. Then place them face down on a lightly greased baking sheet. Put it in a pre-heated 350 degree F oven for 30 minutes or until a knife can be easily poked through. Meanwhile cook the peas or vegetable the way you like and cook your chicken the way you want, I grilled mine :). After the chicken is cooked cut it up into small pieces and set aside. When the squash is done take it out of the oven and (with an oven mitt in one hand hold the squash) using a fork, scrape the flesh out and put in a bowl. Then toss the chicken and peas in with the squash, and serve!

makes about 4 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment